Erewash Partnership Events Calendar
Thinking of starting your own business?
Do you want to be your own boss?
Understanding Your Market and How to Reach It (2) - Tuesday 17th October 12.30pm – 4.30pm
Trainer Richard Smallwood
• Undertaking meaningful Market Research for your new business.
• Undertaking meaningful Competitor Analysis for your business.
• Understanding the marketing messages that will best promote your products.
• Identifying the most cost effective ways to get your messages across to potential customers.
Trainer Richard Smallwood
• How a business plan will help you launch your new business and manage the development of the business in future years.
• Identify and analyse the factors that might affect the success of your business.
• Produce a working business plan that can be easily updated on a regular basis.
Getting started with Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn (5) - Wednesday 8th November 9.30am - 1.30pm - FULLY BOOKED
Trainer Catherine Simpson
• How to set up an account on each of the platforms
• The basics you must get right for each platform and why they are different from each other
• Terminology and jargon
• Creating Bio’s (biographies) that have impact
• Understand the difference between created and curated content and why you don’t have to write everything from scratch
• How to post on the different networks
• Why, when and how to use hashtags
Amber Valley & Erewash School & Employer Engagement Event
Addressing the challenges of the Local Skills Agenda
Thursday 16th November 2017 8am - 11.30am
Erewash Valley Golf Club, Stanton-by-Dale, Ilkeston, Derbyshire, DE7 4QR
The event aims to highlight opportunities and strengthen relationships between local schools and employers.
Through collaborative thinking the event will seek to develop solutions that achieve everyone's aims/asirations.
- Careers & Enterprise Company: National & Local Picture – Maddy Casey (Enterprise Coordinator)
- Ofsted: Importance of Employer Engagement – Julie Ashton (Senior HMI)
- Employer’s views: Preparing young people to the world of work
- Careers Local: – Lianna Law (Grant Development & Monitoring officer)
- Apprenticeships (High & Degree level) - Jenny McGeehan (High & Degree Apprenticeship Officer)
- Panel: Questions & Answers
In small groups there will be an opportunity to discuss in exploring opportunities to increase awareness of the world of work.
- Focussing on understanding of the issues/barriers to prepare an engaging young people
- Discussing collaboratively what are the solutions/actions to tackle locally
For more information please contact Allison Rose-Harrison, Economic Development Officer, Amber Valley Borough Council, tel: 01773 841496 or
Christmas Exhibiton & Networking Event
Friday 15th December 11.30am - 2.30pm
The Arena, Rutland Street, Ilkeston, Derbyshire, DE7 8DG
The event will be open from 11.30am. to 2:30pm. You may arrive and leave at times to suit your diary commitments – or stay for the whole event.
A FREE buffet lunch will be available at 12.30 pm. Please make us aware of any special dietary requirements you may have.
The purpose of the event is to provide an opportunity for relaxed conversation with people from the local business community, to meet old friends and to make new contacts.
Over 150 people attended our Christmas networking event last year, representing a wide variety of businesses both large and small.
Whatever your business and whatever market you are aiming for, this event could provide the springboard, inspiration and contacts that you are looking for.
We look forward to seeing you at what promises to be a very popular event.
Exhibitors confirmed so far are:
- Boston Promotional Gifts UK
- East Midlands Reserve Forces and Cadets Association
- Manor Health & Racquets Club
- Moorleys Print & Publishing
- Routen Chaplin Insurance
We ask all delegates who can no longer attend this event to advise us by 5pm on Friday 8th December 2017, after this date the final numbers will be given to the venue caterers.
Members: Cancellation after this date or failure to attend on the day will result in a charge of £15 inc VAT.
Non-members: After this date the final catering numbers will be given to the venue meaning your money will be non-returnable and all issued invoices stand.
If you are unable to attend, but can send a colleague please let us know.