Erewash Partnership Events Calendar
Thinking of starting your own business?
Do you want to be your own boss?
D2 Business Starter Drop In Sessions
To book your space click the button below:
Erewash Partnership Summer Networking Event - Friday 14th July 2017 - 11.30am - 2.30pm
D2 Business Starter Workshops
WORKSHOPS AVAILABLE TO BOOK SOON. All workshops will be held at Erewash Partnership Ltd, Bridge House, Derby Road, Long Eaton, Derbyshire, NG10 1NL
Business Planning for Start Up and Beyond (3) - Thursday 29th June 9am - 1pm
Trainer Graham Howarth
• How a business plan will help you launch your new business and manage the development of the business in future years.
• Identify and analyse the factors that might affect the success of your business.
• Produce a working business plan that can be easily updated on a regular basis.
Bookkeeping (4) - Tuesday 11th July 1pm - 4pm
Trainer Sarah Pykett
• Keeping Financial Records
• Tax returns
• Allowable Expenses
• Non-allowable Expenses
• Capital Expenditure
• Basic bookkeeping exercise
Getting started with Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn (5) - Thursday 27th July 9.30am - 1pm
Trainer Catherine Simpson
• How to set up an account on each of the platforms
• The basics you must get right for each platform and why they are different from each other
• Terminology and jargon
• Creating Bio’s (biographies) that have impact
• Understand the difference between created and curated content and why you don’t have to write everything from scratch
• How to post on the different networks
• Why, when and how to use hashtags
Erewash Partnership's Summer Networking Event
Friday 14th July 2017 - 11:30am - 2:30pm
Novotel Hotel, Bostock Lane, Sandiacre, NG10 4EP
The Erewash Partnership’s SummerNetworking Exhibition & Business Showcase event is taking place on Friday 14th July 2017 at Novotel Nottingham East Midlands.
The event will be open from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. You may arrive and leave at times to suit your diary commitments - or stay for the whole event.
A FREE buffet lunch will be available at 12.30 pm. Please make us aware of any special dietary requirements as soon as possible.
The event aims to facilitate contact amongst local businesses and other organisations generally by providing an opportunity for relaxed conversation with people from the local business community, to meet old friends and to make new contacts. Additionally, the event provides information that can help you develop and grow your business.
Whatever your business and whatever market you are aiming for, this event could provide the springboard, inspiration and contacts that you are looking for.
BOOK YOUR TICKETS BY CLICKING THE BUTTON BELOW:
How to Secure Public Sector Contracts
Thursday 20th July 2017 - 8am until 10am
Erewash Valley Golf Club, Stanton-by-Dale, Ilkeston, Derbyshire, DE7 4QR
It aims to clarify the process involved, as well as to showcase where the opportunities are to be found - including the support available - and to share some examples of best-practice.
In conjunction with Erewash Borough Council, Derbyshire County Council, the University of Derby, the NHS, and Erewash Partnership, the Chamber has organised this seminar - aimed primarily at small firms and the voluntary/community sector - operating in these areas.
Public sector organisations are proactively taking steps to simplify the process involved, so that local firms are no longer inhibited from pitching for available contracts, many of which are broken down into smaller components that represent lucrative and accessible opportunities for SMEs and social enterprises.
In a bid to keep their expenditure local, the public sector is eager to clarify some common misconceptions about what the process entails, and to welcome more tenders to help raise quality standards and promote best-value.
This seminar offers an informal opportunity to raise any questions (or concerns) about existing processes, and provides suppliers with an opportunity to ask questions for public buyers to address.
There will also be information about registering with the county's Source Derbyshire icon portal.
Please Note: preference will be given to Erewash organisations - a maximum of TWO bookings per organisation (owing to capacity restrictions).
1. Welcome, context & purpose of today's seminar
2. Overview: tendering with the Borough and County Councils
3. Tendering with the NHS
4. Tendering with the University of Derby
5. Emerging Issues (Q&A session with the Panellists)
6. Support available from the Chamber
7. Best-practice tips & hints (Silverlock Tenders)
8. Summary / closing remarks
9. Networking / Meet the Buyer