Erewash Partnership Events
Christmas Exhibiton & Networking Event
Friday 15th December 11.30am - 2.30pm
The Arena, Rutland Street, Ilkeston, Derbyshire, DE7 8DG
The event will be open from 11.30am. to 2:30pm. You may arrive and leave at times to suit your diary commitments – or stay for the whole event.
A FREE buffet lunch will be available at 12.30 pm. Please make us aware of any special dietary requirements you may have.
The purpose of the event is to provide an opportunity for relaxed conversation with people from the local business community, to meet old friends and to make new contacts.
Over 150 people attended our Christmas networking event last year, representing a wide variety of businesses both large and small.
Whatever your business and whatever market you are aiming for, this event could provide the springboard, inspiration and contacts that you are looking for.
We look forward to seeing you at what promises to be a very popular event.
Exhibitors confirmed are:
- AB Components
- Alka IT
- Baldwins Accountants
- Boston Promotional Gifts UK
- D2 Energy Efficiency
- D2N2 Growth Hub
- East Midlands Chamber
- East Midlands Reserve Forces and Cadets Association
- Erewash Sound
- Geldards LLP
- Hello People Solutions
- Ilkeston Life
- Inspired Show Homes
- Manor Health & Racquets Club
- Moorleys Print & Publishing
- Ron Brooks
- Routen Chaplin Insurance
- Stratstone BMW & MINI Derby
- Treetops Hospice Care
ALL exhibitor spaces are now fully booked.
We ask all delegates who can no longer attend this event to advise us by 5pm on Friday 8th December 2017, after this date the final numbers will be given to the venue caterers.
Members: Cancellation after this date or failure to attend on the day will result in a charge of £15 inc VAT.
Non-members: After this date the final catering numbers will be given to the venue meaning your money will be non-returnable and all issued invoices stand.
If you are unable to attend, but can send a colleague please let us know.
Getting Ready for General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Breakfast Event
Wednesday 17th January 2018
Trent Lock Golf & Country Club, Lock Lane, Sawley, NG10 2FY
8am registration for an 8.30am start – 11am
FREE Business Surgeries
In Long Eaton & Ilkeston
Thinking of starting your own business?
Do you want to be your own boss?
WATCH THIS SPACE FOR SPRING WORKSHOP DATES - to be released soon!
• Understanding what is involved in establishing and running a successful small business.
• Explaining your product and potential customers to a wider audience.
• Reviewing and developing a customer focused process for running your new business.
• Being clear on what your priorities are in the business planning / start up process.
Understanding Your Market and How to Reach It (2)
• Undertaking meaningful Market Research for your new business.
• Undertaking meaningful Competitor Analysis for your business.
• Understanding the marketing messages that will best promote your products.
• Identifying the most cost effective ways to get your messages across to potential customers.
Business Planning for Start Up and Beyond (3)
• How a business plan will help you launch your new business and manage the development of the business in future years.
• Identify and analyse the factors that might affect the success of your business.
• Produce a working business plan that can be easily updated on a regular basis.
• Keeping Financial Records
• Tax returns
• Allowable Expenses
• Non-allowable Expenses
• Capital Expenditure
• Basic bookkeeping exercise
Getting started with Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn (5)
• How to set up an account on each of the platforms
• The basics you must get right for each platform and why they are different from each other
• Terminology and jargon
• Creating Bio’s (biographies) that have impact
• Understand the difference between created and curated content and why you don’t have to write everything from scratch
• How to post on the different networks
• Why, when and how to use hashtags