What support is available and how to get started?
We need you to enrol and register in the first instance. We will discuss with you a package of support tailored to meet your individual needs and will arrange the most suitable workshops for you to attend in line with your skills and experience.
Step 1 - Come along to a drop in session OR give Lottie a call tel: 0115 9468839 to find out more
Why not come along to one of our drop in sessions to find out more, and enrol on the programme. There are various dates, times and venues you can come along to, please follow this link to our events page to find out more. - FURTHER DATES TO FOLLOW SHORTLY
Step 2 - Book on to one of our workshops - DATES TO BE CONFIRMED SOON..
Your Business – Getting the Basics Right (1)
• Understanding what is involved in establishing and running a successful small business.
• Explaining your product and potential customers to a wider audience.
• Reviewing and developing a customer focused process for running your new business.
• Being clear on what your priorities are in the business planning / start up process.
Understanding Your Market and How to Reach It (2)
• Undertaking meaningful Market Research for your new business.
• Undertaking meaningful Competitor Analysis for your business.
• Understanding the marketing messages that will best promote your products.
• Identifying the most cost effective ways to get your messages across to potential customers.
Business Planning for Start Up and Beyond (3)
• How a business plan will help you launch your new business and manage the development of the business in future years.
• Identify and analyse the factors that might affect the success of your business.
• Produce a working business plan that can be easily updated on a regular basis.
• Keeping Financial Records
• Tax returns
• Allowable Expenses
• Non-allowable Expenses
• Capital Expenditure
• Basic bookkeeping exercise
Getting started with Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn (5)
• How to set up an account on each of the platforms
• The basics you must get right for each platform and why they are different from each other
• Terminology and jargon
• Creating Bio’s (biographies) that have impact
• Understand the difference between created and curated content and why you don’t have to write everything from scratch
• How to post on the different networks
• Why, when and how to use hashtags