Youth Voice Facilitator – Job Description
Location: Chesterfield Office Base and remote work.
Secondment: August 2023 – August 2024
Working hours: 37.5 per week, Monday – Friday. Occassional weekend and evening work with time taken back in lieu on a flexible basis.
- Ensure the inclusion of a wide range of young people within research, analysis, recommendations, and decision-making.
- Engage with families on an outreach basis to further develop relationships.
- Engage and support Development Board members (young people and parents/carers) to feel confident and competent within their role at an influential level.
- Facilitate the Development Board operations.
- Manage the ‘skills passport’ for board members.
- Ensure Youth Voice is embedded across the Partnership Board and Strategy Groups.
- Support and manage Youth Ambassadors.
- Support the evaluation of the Youth Ambassador role.
- Work with youth ambassadors on a 1-1 and group basis in locations across D2N2.
- Engage with families to develop and maintain relationships.
- Schedule development board meetings and manage the membership of the development board.
- Work with partners and key stakeholders to raise awareness of the youth voice work and seek opportunities with the partnership board and strategy groups for youth-led solutions.
- Facilitate board members to reflect on their learning and skills and complete a skills passport.
- Work with the Insight+ Manager to support the evaluation of the youth ambassador role.
Please note: This position requires the holder to undergo an enhanced DBS check for working with children.
For further information and application details please follow this link: https://www.debp.org/news/vacancies/
Offer Expires: September 30, 2023